Our Chiropractor in Austin, TX Is Answering Your Questions About Auto Accident Injury
Our chiropractor in Austin, TX has helped hundreds of people suffering from injuries due to auto accidents, and he's happy to answer your questions.
What Types of Injury Can Occur in An Auto Accident?
Sudden acceleration, deceleration, change of direction, and/or impact can impose a lot of force on our connective tissues. Here are a few of the most common auto accident injuries we see:
- Whiplash - symptoms may include tenderness, pain, and stiffness in the neck and shoulders, headaches, and numbness and/or tingling in the arm
- Seat belt injury - restraint impact can lead damage and strain on the brachial plexus (a "nerve highway" in your shoulder), rotator cuff tears, and shoulder dislocation
- Back pain - often caused by disc herniation, disc bulge, ligament sprain, muscle strain, or vertebral bone fracture
- Hip and leg pain - often caused by "dashboard knee" (impact-related damage), muscle strains, and joint dislocations
I was in an Auto Accident but I Haven't Noticed any Issues. Can I Assume I'm Injury-Free?
Not necessarily. Because pain-masking hormones like adrenaline surge during traumatic events like an auto accident, you may not feel any pain or notice any other symptoms of tissue damage. It can take time for these hormones to return to their normal resting levels, which means you could be walking around with a hidden injury for days, weeks, or even months!
That's why we always recommend that you consult with an Austin chiropractor as soon as possible following an accident since early detection and management of a problem can minimize the severity of your symptoms and prevent recurring or chronic issues from developing.
How can Chiropractic Care Help With Pain Management Following My Auto Accident?
Chiropractic care services are quite effective for pain management related to auto accident injuries. At our office, you may be provided with any of the following, which can help reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling; prevent excessive scar tissue formation; improve mobility, and accelerate tissue healing:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Physical rehabilitation and corrective exercises
- Nutritional counseling
- Massage therapy
Involved in An Auto Accident? Come See Our Austin Chiropractor ASAP For Non-Invasive Healing & Pain Management
Don't let an accident on the road of life throw you off course. Get help from our Austin chiropractor by contacting the Chiropractic Offices of Dr. Roy A. Logan today! Call 512-213-1190 now and be sure to ask about our special offers for new patients.